more free stuff on Listia

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Don't try this at home

Do not dry hot peppers in the microwave. We dry our herbs in the microwave-place on paper towel, zap 2 min, open door for 10 min, stir & repeat. Works great. Today, Charlie decided to dry a plateful of hot peppers that way-he first removed the stem & cut them in half & then started the drying process. The first cycle wasn't too bad-a couple of sneezes & a cough or 2, but the second time through was really rough. We both kept coughing & blowing our noses. My bronchial tubes still hurt. I think that it's back to air drying for the hot peppers. Oh, by the way, if you decide to grind up a batch of hot peppers, it's OK to use the food processor, but cover the whole bowl with a wet towel first. (We learned that one several years ago.)

1 comment:

Deb R said...

Oh god....Johnny did the dried peppers in the food processor thing a few years ago (no towel! didn't know that trick then!) and I thought I was going to die. Seriously! I had to leave the house and it was hours before I could walk into the kitchen without choking.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.