more free stuff on Listia

Saturday, July 09, 2005

A tour of the front garden

Our front garden is L shaped. This is the short side of the L. My sister, Jane gave me the flowering kale plants. To the left, you can see my new hollies which are at a slightly lower level than the kale. We are enjoying mixing edible & non-edible landscaping.Most of our garden space is being reclaimed from lawn so there's a lot of grass weeding!
This is an overview of the long side of the L. I've really crowded stuff together. I've got hollyhocks, portulaca, marigolds-both large & small, zinnias, poppies, lots of batchelor buttons, a Burpee delicious tomato on this end, caulflowers, about 20 hot pepper plants in 8 or 9 varieties, a Burpee Champion tomato plant & sunflowers that were planted by my garden assistants AKA chipmonks. Champion tomato, sunflowers pepper, caulflower & stepping stone.
Champion tomatoes-looking good. They will probably have flat spots by the time they ripen.

Pretty purple pepper. Mostly ornamental.


Another pretty purple pepper- note the purple flowers & peppers. The peppers will turn red when ripe.

I think this is a Beaver Dam pepper. I should have labeled them.

Hungarian Hot Wax pepper.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.