more free stuff on Listia

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

How I spent my birthday

No pictures this time, just a report of my birthday, yesterday. It was my kind of day. In the morning, we went to the reservoir to go fishing. The first spot that we tried only produced 1 little Punkinseed-not even big enough to filet for the kitties. We moved to our other favorite fishing spot & were rewarded with 4 nice rainbow trout & a couple of Fall Fish for the kitties.

For lunch, we went to Deb's Place. She's getting ready to move to a larger restaurant & was looking at restaurant supply catalogs. I looked at a couple of them-WOW they're expensive! I wonder how restaurants up here make any money.

We then went to the cabin, where I spent some time reading & cuddling with Shadow, the cabin kitty. I also found some boxes of cookbooks that I had forgotten were in a storage area. I only brought 1 home because I need an additional bookcase in the kitchen & I haven't been able to find exactly what I want, yet.

Charlie fixed a fantastic dinner for me. He cooked a small leg of lamb with oven roasted carrots, celery, scallions, potato, & red pepper. He served it in the dining room with all the best china, crystal & silver Egervin Bull's Blood wine complimented the meal beautifully. For dessert we had
Edy's double chocolate fat free sugar free ice cream with Gran Marnier splashed over it-mmmmm.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

Happy Birthday a day late!! Sounds like it was lovely.

becky said...

Thanks Deb. Jane, little sisters are supposed to pattern after thier big sisters. That's why I'm just like Gerry.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.