more free stuff on Listia

Thursday, July 21, 2005

More garden stuff

We had enough ripe tomatoes to make our first salsa of the year today-yummmmm!-just hot enough to loosen the sinuses & enough garlic to maybe keep the biting flies away when we go fishing tomorrow. Maybe I'll eat some more for breakfast as a precaution. In 2-3 days, if we have any salsa left, there will probably be enough additional ripe tomatoes to make spaghetti sauce.


More garden pictures. Charlie walking up the front walk. Look at my Portulaca! I'm going to have to cut back the Batchelor Buttons. They're shading my hot peppers.















This poppy picture reminds me of Georgia O'Keefe. It would be fun to do a little quilt from this picture.












This is a picture of our "self-picking" Burpee Delicious tomato plant. The tomatoes are clustered so close together that, as they grow, they are pushing tomatoes off the vine. We've picked a few ripe ones & they're very meaty. I think that I'm going to want to grow them again next year.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.