more free stuff on Listia

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Wool applique

Last month one of the ladies in my local quilt guild taught a class in wool applique (by hand). She had patterns for the students to use, but I didn't see any that I wanted to do, so I designed my own & it became a Valentine for Charlie. I plan to see if I have the right stretcher frames to stretch it. I enjoyed the Valentine so much that I've been doing more wool applique. The next 4 pictures are destined to become patch pockets on tote bags. Two are completed & the other 2 are in progress.

Oops, the one below is sideways. I'll probably use it with the yellow stripe going across the bottom.

The last 2 pictures will be pin cushions. The first one is for me & the second is for a lady who gave me about a pound of antique beads that had been her mothers. They are mostly bugles, & 3 cut seed beads. I will be putting a beaded fringe on her pin cushion.


No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.