more free stuff on Listia

Monday, February 19, 2007

Couching cords by machine

I bought this foot, a Bernina #21, especially for cord applique. It works great! Below it is a custom foot that I put together which does the same thing almost as well. The piece of cocktail straw is taped under the foot & it ends just before the needle. It keeps the cord in line with the stitches so you don't have to guide the cord, just the fabric. I used a piping foot, but I have also done this with a satin stitch foot. You can use any foot that has clearance between the side rails to let the cord feed through.




1 comment:

Jaye said...

Love the idea of a straw. It makes so much sense! Guiding the cord is such a pain while you are trying to hold on to the fabric and prss the foot pedal, etc.
Jaye

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.