more free stuff on Listia

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Update-project completed-a personal challenge

I won a door prize at the quilt show last month- 4 fat quarters. I love the stripe, the tans are useful. but the white doesn't really talk to me. One of the quilt guild members challenged me to have something made with these fabrics by the next meeting, so I'm taking it as a personal challenge. I found this sew on embellishment on a stretch velvet evening gown at the Goodwill store($5.99) I'm wearing the dress as a lounging dress-very comfortable. I'll be using the embellishment in my project.
Another evening gown that I bought at Goodwill. I will be using some of the dark green velvet & the embroidered sequin trim.
Stay tuned for the finished project-tentative title-"The Singer" (& I don't mean sewing machine.) ....Update 7-8 follows:
It's done-just in time for my quilt guilds' annual picnic today. The name is now "Lady sings the Reds" I decided to use the green velvet (so dark that it almost looks black.), but not the sequin trim. The rosette on the hat was fun & easy to do & turned out better than I could have hoped. I'm happy with it, but I have to ask myself why I tend to make women that look like roaring '20s? I keep thinking that my sister-in-law, Lani should put some red streaks in her beautiful gray hair. Now I know that I'd better get to those cushion covers.









3 comments:

Ysabeau said...

I absolutely love it, she reminds me of the Dick Tracy comics, for some reason, maybe the dramatic use of contrast? What fun!

B*B,
Ysabeau

Receipt19 said...

Oh, what FUN! Love the textures and color choices. :) And your Goodwill gown looks very inspiring to work with! Sage

Jaye said...

Very fun! I love the way you used the embellishment and the quilting is great!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.