more free stuff on Listia

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A good day for pictures

We went to camp Tuesday to do a little construction. It turned out to be a good day for pictures. First-a beautiful clump of indian pipes just pushing out of the leaf litter.
Second-a beautiful Red Admiral butterfly. It seemed very friendly-flittering around us & landing to sun itself. (The temps were in the low 60s when I took the picture.
On our way into Cross Fork we saw 2 birds in the road. They were Marsh Hawks AKA Northern Harriers. This one was in the sun. I zoomed the camera as far as it would zoom, took a picture & then we attempted to inch closer to try again. The second one grabbed what it had been pecking at (A small mouse?) & they both flew away. Oh well, at least I got the one picture even if it's a little pixilated.
This is what we were working on. A little wall on the first floor of our tower addition. above, you can see the second floor wall that Matt built when he & Linda visited a few weeks ago.
When I was not chasing butterflies or helping Charlie, I worked on a bracken fern basket coiled with hemp. I love the color variation in the stripped stems-from a rich red brown to a pale green.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The indian pipes look like ghost flowers - I've never heard of them before. It sounds like you had just enough "art" and work on your trip -

Is there a 2nd floor currently on the camp or are you doing a complete re-do? I want to see more photos of the camp - further away - with the whole thing! LOL Hurry up - I'm waiting!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.