more free stuff on Listia

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A rescue

Last Wednesday, after a long day of travel, etc, Bobby, Lani & I returned to our motel in North Carolina at about 11:00PM to hear a continuous meowing in the parking lot. After searching for a while, Lani helped me find this little starving kitten in the wheel well of a parked car. As soon as I picked her up, she began purring & rubbing her face on mine. Lani & I both had the same reaction upon seeing a hairless pink raw puckery spot where her tail should be. Poor little kitty had lost her tail in an accident- NO!, she was born with no tail & her little anus sits a little high. I closed her in the bathroom & we went searching for an all night grocery store for supplies.
I was afraid that we'd have to buy her chicken McNuggets or a big Mac, but we found a Walmart & bought a litter box, litter, food bowl & kitten chow.

On Thursday, we spent the morning & half the afternoon helping with funeral arrangements. When I got back to the motel room, she had used the litter box after a bout of grass & leaf filled diarrhea. She has consistantly used the box ever since.

Her name is Ashley. My vet & I think that she's 3-4 months old because she's in the big ear stage although she's very small. Her little anus still has a problem & bleeds when she moves her bowels, but we've been using triple antibiotic on it, as recommended by my vet & I think that it's improving. She's still a little cuddlebunny, but she's started to have enough energy to play.


2 comments:

Deb R said...

Aawwww,she's a cutie!!

Trina said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I (of course) got the story, and wanted to see the star. Poor lil' bony baby! It looks like she's settling in nicely :~D

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.