more free stuff on Listia

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Quilt retreat

I went on a quilt retreat Friday evening until Sunday afternoon. I put borders on this quilt & it's backing, layered them with the batting & safety pin basted. I tried basting on tables instead of stretching everything on the floor as I usually do-bad idea.












After 6 hours of pinning. I turned it over & saw that there were many wrinkles pinned in. I got disgusted, folded it up & worked on the other project that I'd brought-my version of a "stack the deck quilt"-8 sets of 6 fabrics with different triangles in each set. I didn't know how big it would turn out, until I sewed the blocks together.
It's approximately 60" X 62". I was thinking about bordering & making it bed size, but I decided that I like it just the way it is, so it will be a baby quilt for the next gift that I need to make. (larger than normal, but a good size for putting a baby on the floor.) To my knowledge, nobody's pregnant yet, but maybe this will be an incentive. With all the largish spaces, this will be fun to quilt!


































Sunday, after I got the Triangle quilt together, I unpinned the bear quilt. I'm seriously considering having a long arm quilter quilt the bear quilt. It's 108" X 120" & I just don't feel like I need the aches & pains of wrasslin it through the machine.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.