more free stuff on Listia

Monday, November 30, 2009

Maryland style crab soup

My own recipe inspired by soups that I've eaten in various restaurants.

In large pot:
2-3 qts beef stock-preferably home made with little salt
1T Old Bay seasoning
1t thyme
3-4 strips bacon diced
1T Worchestershire sauce
2 chopped jalepenos or 1/8t cayenne or 1/2 t Tobasco sauce
1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
1.5c diced carrots
2c chopped onions
1c chopped celery
1c diced potato (no need to peel)
Simmer for 1 hour & add:
2c mixed fresh or frozen vegetables (I like corn,peas & string beans)
1 pound crabmeat
Black pepper to taste
Bring to boil & simmer 15 minutes more. Taste-if not salty enough for you, add more
Old Bay.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.