more free stuff on Listia

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Another Baggo sCraps challenge

Heres what I got-all smallish pieces & I wanted to do applique, so I added solid black & gray. Finished piece 39" X 32". I started with a background piece that I thought was big enough that I'd end up cutting it down, but I didn't need to. My first plan was to make a basket of flowers. I made the basket using all the black background stripe & decided that it wasn't big enough, so my next thought was "OK, put fruit in the basket & make a vase for the flowers. There was a white piece of velour with a bit of a shimmer. I only trimmed the selvege off & the shape looked like a vase. I then added leaves & flowers. I used 0000 Nymo (hair fine) to machine baste all applique pieces. I then quilted around the pieces with the long arm. Finally, I satin stitched around each applique piece. I used gold piping as an edge.
close up.




No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.