more free stuff on Listia

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Dogwood climbers



This Red Dogwood tree was planted about 50 years ago. Last month, I drove to my parents' house with my niece & her 2 children. Rowan couldn't wait to climb the tree that she remembered from her last visit. Here she is-as happy as...a kid in a tree.
Later, her 2 cousins, Rebecca & Liam came over & joined her in the tree.




In the top of the tree is Rowan's big brother , Rubin. Just after this picture, a dead branch broke sending him plummeting towards the ground. His legs caught on a limb just long enough to flip him upside down & he landed on his face. Poor kid. The next day he had a black eye & a scraped & swollen cheek.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

One of my favorite trees ever! I want to plant one, but not sure where. We have soooo many trees already.

Trina said...

I still miss the apple trees. Easier to climb and shorter height to fall from!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.