more free stuff on Listia

Thursday, March 23, 2006

crab fondue or hot dip for Trina

I didn't forget that you wanted this recipe, I had misplaced it. Tonight, as I was looking for a recipe for Crab Imperial, I found the other recipe tucked into a cookbook.

Crab fondue or hot crab dip

8 oz cream cheese
5 oz jar of old English sharp cheese spread
7-8 oz crabmeat (OK, sometimes I use a whole pound)
2T milk
2T white wine
2t Worchestershire sauce
dash or 2 cayenne pepper
French or Portuguese bread cut into bite sized cubes or crackers

Melt cheeses over low heat stirring constantly. When melted & blended together, mix in remaining ingredients except for bread or crackers. Transfer to a fondue pot or chafing dish & serve with bread or crackers.

Any left over can be thinned with a little milk & served over pasta. Thinned a little more & it makes a great soup.

Enjoy

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.