more free stuff on Listia

Sunday, January 22, 2006

a bear story


I made this teddy bear last week. The pattern calls for fiberfill in the extremities & bean bag filling for the body. When I bought the bean bag filling, I was told to use it outside, as the poppy seed sized styrofoam balls are full of static & will go everywhere. I stuffed it on the front porch & it looked like it had snowed on the floor. I figured that the wind would blow it away in a day or 2. Because it was a nice day, I told Charlie that I'd be working in the flower beds for a while. Petey, my beautiful long haired peach colored cat, didn't want me to be outside while he was inside so he cried at the door. Charlie let him out & he immediately rolled in the styro. He looked like a melty mint-little styro balls all the way to his skin. No, I didn't take his picture. I took him straight to the bath tup where he got a shower. What a mess!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

this is an extremely sweet little bear!
and i know whereof you speak w/the fiberfilly stuff. we bought some to restuff our beanbag --- oh my dog! that stuff attaches to everything! i'm having fun imagining petey all snowy. hee hee

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.