more free stuff on Listia

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

dreamed quilt

While on our honeymoon, I woke up at 3:00AM with a quilt design in my head & unable to go back to sleep until I had sketched it on a piece of hotel stationery. Last night, I started working with it in EQ6 This first one is close to the original. I liked it, but didn't love it, so I kept playing. My next Idea was to make 1 block instead of 2 blocks, set diagonal & use sashing. Better, but I wasn't sure that I wanted such a big center piece in the block. This is a little more like the first design. I like it.
I like this one, too. I may make both as I need to make 2 baby quilts.
I intend to use paper piecing for the triangles with the acute yellow triangles. Does anyone know a name for these blocks? or did I come up with a brand new block. (unlikely)

1 comment:

Jan said...

Looks good to me Becky. I think you should name it whatever you like. Maybe the Honeymoon block? Becky's block? I'm sure it has never made an appearance anywhere on earth before. Further than that I cannot say.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.