more free stuff on Listia

Monday, May 04, 2009

I need your opinion about pocketbook design

I found a good use for some of my upholstery samples. I'm in the process of making about 1.5 dozen pocketbooks. I plan to sell them-probably for $15.00. They measure about 9" X 15". I am dithering about whether to use a button & buttonhole on the tab, or velcro with a button for decoration. It's too late to just use velcro on these.-I would need the button to hide the velcro stitching. Opinions please.
-*-*-*-*-* That was Ashley putting in her 2 cents.





6 comments:

Leslie said...

Love them all, very kewl. Definitely need a closure, awesome buttons, would be my choice.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Those are some good looking pocketbooks! Great use of the fabrics. I've used magnetic clasps on the last two purses I've made. Really works well.

Margi said...

Hi Becky! I love all of your bags and any clasp is good by me but I really like magnet clasps as they find themselves, I don't have to think about it. LOL
hugs
margi

Jan said...

These are great, Becky. Love that piping. I really like magnetic clasps too but that would raise your cost. They work great. Buttons will add to the flair and I think they would be good but on the other hand buttons can be fussy to close. If it was my own purse I would probably use either a button or a magnetic closure. The main thing I don't like about velcro in this instance is the less than classy ripping noise it makes. The magnetic clasps might not be usable on these ones already made, I think you'd have to put them on before the bag is finished. All in all, I think I'd go with buttons on the finished bags, and consider mag clasps for future use, depending on the cost.

I love that bargello quilt! Nice fabrics, good construction.

LeslieN said...

Gotta put in my vote for Velcro with a button on top. I think Velcro is one of the greatest inventions ever. I love the stuff!

Kerry said...

These are very nice!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.