more free stuff on Listia

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ABM Innova longarm quilting machine & triangles quilt

Here I am, working on my new machine. I decided to just make some quilted yardage for my first project, as I have never worked with a longarm before. I'm making insulated grocery bags with the yardage.

It's tons of fun. A whole new craft. I need more practice-It's a good thing that I have 8 tops waiting to be quilted.
Ashley had a few tips to give me. She's fascinated, but wants to be on top of the quilt while I'm working-not a good idea!

After the one practice piece, I decided to do a quilt. This is my cuddle up on the couch quilt -70" X 72".

Close up.
Another closeup.


Back view.

Closeup of back.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you liking your Innova? Did you get the 18 or 26 inch one? I am seriously considering getting one and am researching.
Teresa
tshquilts@msn.com

Anonymous said...

How do you like the INNOVA now? Is it working for you? Any problems? What would you do to upgrade it? Thanks, Bridget

becky said...

I like it very much. I have had a few problems, but they were mostly due to operator error.I knocked the timing off (Hint-don't try to go fast over flat felled seams in a denim quilt.) Also, an elictrical connection for the light came loose-probably during shipping-easy fix. Their customer service is great-very patient & will talk you through any needed adjustments/repairs. Upgrades? I went for what I considered the best for my style & am not ready to make upgrades. The couching attachment interests me, but is too expensive for the amount of use that I would get out of it.

Jaye said...

I am learning to longarm as well, but I have only done two quilts. I didn't buy a machine; I just rent it from a local quilt shop.

WesternWilson said...

Hi Becky, I am going to look at the Innova this summer...how are you finding yours? I have never had a longarm before...this is my way of not having to learn to free motion quilt! I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on your setup and the learning curve involved.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.