more free stuff on Listia

Monday, February 11, 2008

Game camera

I got my Valentine's day gift from Charlie a little early. It's a game camera. The idea is to set it up where you are going to hunt & leave it there for a while. It has infra red detection & if it sees a warm object moving, it takes a picture. I guess the snakes can just slither past unphotographed. I decided to set it up on the porch where I feed my feral kitties (& anything that wants to eat cat food & can get up on the porch railing-sorry little doggies-you will have to go home to eat or eat bread in the back yard.) Here's the best 3 pictures from the past day & 1/2: This is Billie Jo Bailey, my feral that I try to feed. Looking out the window are Junior (named because she looks just like her mommy, Billie) & Ashley.
Oops, I didn't mean to feed him. Look at that grin! He knows that he's getting away with something.
I just named this cat, Bear. If you cover his head, he looks like a black bear. It looks like he's tailless. He runs if he see's me looking out the window.

The camera took 96 pictures in 36 hours-lots of Bill Bailey& a lot with no animals at all. I think that birds flying past are triggering it, but it's not a problem because I've got a 2 gig sd card in it.

1 comment:

Trina said...

Awesome gift!I can't wait to see more grinning possum shots :~D

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.