more free stuff on Listia

Friday, January 18, 2008

Paper piecing with Dupioni silk

I just finished paper piecing some 3" blocks for a little quilt project. I used dupioni silk & it worked beautifully!!! my little Clover iron pressed such tight creases that the tiny pieces were no problem & the silk was thin enough that the seam allowances didn't have to be trimmed too narrowly. I can't show you the completed project yet because it's a surprise for someone who might read my blog, but here's a picture of one of the blocks in progress.


Well...maybe I can show you 1 picture of the completed quilt...

Jesus says "NO! you said it was going to be a surprise, so I'm not going to let you photograph it." Oh well, maybe he'll let me show you the completed quilt next month after it goes to the recipient.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.