more free stuff on Listia

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Another "feral" kitten

Isn't he beautiful? 2 weeks ago, we had big old tomcats hanging around & mating with the little black 6 month old kitten from our feral litter. I also saw the largest kitten mounting this little fuzzball. I trapped the black kitten & took her to the vet to be spayed & then I trapped this one & took it to be spayed. The vet's office called me to tell me they had altered HIM. OOPS, I guess the mounting was a dominance thing. When I went to pick him up yesterday, they surprised me with a tame kitty. It seems that he was lonely & ready to tame. He's very submissive-will eat gently from your fingers & seems to like being held, although he doesn't come to be held. We have to go to him. He is currently living in our bathroom learning about litter boxes & people while we try to decide what to do with him. Does anyone need a little cuddlebug?

3 comments:

Kristen said...

oh my but he is handsome!

Anonymous said...

I would sneeze my head off and then my throat would close up, but what a beautiful furball!

Trina said...

I don't *need* one, but that doesn't stop me from wanting! I have my hands full right now, though, as our oldest female kitty (Garlic) was diagnosed with diabetes 3 weeks ago and I still don't have her controlled :~P

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.