more free stuff on Listia

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Purple challenge done





I finished this quilt while at a quilt guild retreat this weekend. I named it "A good vintage" & it's 24" X 30" This was made for an online challenge. A color was drawn at random for each person & we were to make a quilt featuring that color. I got purple-my favorite color. I'm especially pleased with the gold rickrack that peeks from the binding. I will probably do that again on another quilt. I enjoyed this so much,that I may decide to do a series of bouquet quilts each a different color-red, orange,white, yellow, blue. Below is a detail, showing the wine glass & the rickrack in the binding.


No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired from Verizon in 2002. Moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania Wilds in 2003. Sorry about the comment word verification-I was getting too many blog commentspams.